LIFE – new body part

• Hi! I see somebody suggested this here: http://screeps.com/forum/topic/1460/Extend-life-body-part-for-creeps?input_string=LIFE%20%E2%80%93%20new%20body%20part but i wand to write my approach on this topic (actually i wrote this down, and then saw that post on forum).

---

I have idea for new body part, let call it LIFE:

• Creeps spawned with LIFE will have 25 (example number) more max ticksToLive (and will spawn with full lifetime). For example: creep that will be created with 4 LIFE body part, will spawn with 1600 tick instead of normal 1500.
    • Don't work on creeps with CLAIM body part.
    • It will have only 5 hit point (so it can't be used instead of TOUGHT).
    • It would have rather high energy cost.

I think it can create some new, interesting options. It can save u compounds (hence u don't need to spawn creep so often) or increase creep range, but it also will have some downsides: it will increase build time, it will lock place so must build less powerful creeps with it, and it will increase energy cost of creep (or not, depending on it final energy cost).

Another option is that it will increase ticks by formula: + 200/totalBodyPartsCount. So it will work better on smaller creeps.

It could be boosted with some new compound, to further increased max ticksToLive, but in that case it need to renewed with Spawn.renewCreep , and it will don't clear this upgrade. Thanks to that, renewCreep will have new nice purpose.