Create a branch from the API?

• Howdy! Is it possible to create Screeps branches from the API? I want to create Screeps branches that track my Git branches with a post-receive hook.

Is there an API endpoint that can do this? I couldn't find one in the docs.

• I don't know the answer to your question, however this seems like as good a place as any to provide some feedback on github integration.

I tried it out but felt that it was best left disabled. Why? Because pushing to my github repo would quietly overwrite any in-game changes I may have made, without confirmation, and without a way to retrieve them. This felt too dangerous to me, especially as I play from three different places (not at the same time).

This potential disaster could be avoided if there was a way for the game to push changes back into github. This would raise some issues around conflict resolution, but it would at least allow me to write code in-game and get it back into github easily, without running external scripts/tools.

The other concern I had was around the use of in-game branches and github branches. I may be wrong about this but it seems that github simply pulls changes from a single github branch into whatever the currently selected in-game branch is. This feels like it could be improved, with perhaps a mapping between github and in-game branches.

I think the concept of github integration is a winner, I just feel it needs a little more work to be safely useable.

• Yes, the mapping between GitHub branches to game branches is something I'd want to see.

But the github integration doesn't always help if you have a build script like Webpack or Babel running.