What is a good way to build proper defense at start?

• So until walls down, I probably can't reach controller level 3, so I have to stick with level 2. Is it reasonable to build defense at level 2? I tried to build ramparts and ranged attack unit to patrol ramparts, but ramparts decay too fast and builders are too weak to keep it up. I guess I can improve situation by throwing more builders, but may be it's better to reach level 3 and hope that noone will notice me? Or build walls instead of ramparts? I never tried to build walls.

• Having 2 energy sources in the room you can upgrade the controller up to level 4 until walls down.

• You definitely need to limit either how many walls/ramparts you build or what percentage of their max HP your repair them. Doing the math of how long it takes one to go down at this level is rather discouraging though.

Unless you can build far fewer walls very close to the base so builders don't have far to go to make them more efficient. I'm begging to think rushing as much economy as possible to pump into upgrades and production might be the winning move.