10-CPU-Club

• Hello,

I was just wondering who else is playing with the 10-cpu limit, and how they are doing. I currently manage to have 3 rooms running, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do much more.

So I would be glad to have a look to other colonies running with the same 10cpu limitation  to get some inspiration 🙂

Note: I also created a slack channel if you want to discuss it more!

• CoPS

I managed to run 6 rooms on 10cpu (no remote mining, though).

With better code and some minor inefficiencies, I think I could do more. 

Aggressive use of flags and caching is your friend!

• I'm GCL- and Market-grinding a 2-Source + Oxygen room, on ~4 cpu (averaged over every 3k ticks) on my original grown-from-Tutorial codebase. I've since halted improvement of that while I work on a new generation of code which is multi-room and remote-mining aware, but with how busy I've been with my daughter having arrived this month, I don't expect to have that codebase ready for live use until Summer.

• I would enjoy playing in a 10-cpu-only world.

• I'm at 3 rooms with 10 cpu, it looks like I may be able to get up to 4, but I'll have to make some changes to get beyond that.

• Player n0ne is running 8 rooms on 10 CPU. We've been exchanging notes and I think he can reach 10 or more.

• I'm managing 3 rooms on 10CPU (kind of) and maintaining around 400th in the leader board (although have been dabbling more with labs and the market recently)

• I'm managing 3 rooms on 10CPU (kind of) and maintaining around 400th in the leader board (22k control per hr)  I have been dabbling more with labs and the market recently, so that might take a bit of a hit.