Cannot reassign CPU

• For whatever inexplicable reason, I can't reassign the CPU allocated to each shard. I have 0,240,20,20 (shards 0 to 3) currently assigned, and have been trying to reset it to 0,230,30,20 since the weekend. No dice! It all looks fine and dandy on the interface... confirmation dialog has all the correct numbers on it. But when I press the commit button, it just resets to the original values.

• @smokeman said in Cannot reassign CPU:

But when I press the commit button, it just resets to the original values.

Are you only using the interface or is reasigning via code not working as well?

https://docs.screeps.com/api/#Game.setShardLimits

• That is UI bug in reassign CPU page. You have to use slider to reassign CPU. It doesn't work if you enter cpu direcly in the textbox. I hope the dev fix it soon, it very annoy for people that don't know this bug. You can use arrow key when slider is focused to do fine cpu adjustment.

You can also change your shards cpu via api too

• @art999 Using the API was going to be my go-to if there was no traction with the help request. I was going to wait a few more days first...

You are correct! Thank you!

Ok. So, the text boxes DO NOT WORK. Actually, they work great, they allow the numbers to be changed and then the numbers are what you changed them to in the commit dialog. Unfortunately, the commit dialog simply doesn't use what the text boxes made. You MUST use the sliders.

The sliders, of course, lack enough meaningful resolution. But! You can use the arrow keys to move them instead of the mouse? Yes you can! That works great! You just have to be careful to not move the mouse.

Then you can press OK, accept the new numbers and you're golden.

Well! That fixes my problem, but points out an absolutely glaring bug in the UI. As such, I'll leave this as UNSOLVED until it's fixed.

• Dev Team

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look

• Also worth noting that it's extremely difficult to add +1 energy to a particular shard because of the resolution issue.

• @o4kapuk Thanks, Goggles! I'll consider is solved.

• @wtfrank said in Cannot reassign CPU:

Also worth noting that it's extremely difficult to add +1 energy to a particular shard because of the resolution issue.

Amen. I'd love to see the fix for that. Pixel peeping to get the sliders just right is so very annoying. What's even more frustrating is if you go over the limit with one shard it affects the others, instead of acting like a hard stop and not allowing to go overboard until other shards have been decreased, like one would expect from UI of this style.

• Dev Team

@orlet I was able to reproduce the issue, and we're working on the fix. Meanwhile, you can use Game.cpu.setShardLimits to specify the exact amounts of CPU for each shard.

• @o4kapuk said in Cannot reassign CPU:

I was able to reproduce the issue, and we're working on the fix

Awesomesauce!

😉