PowerCreeps - Sporadic Loss of PowerCreep.memory

• Culture

Randomly, some of my power creeps will lose access to their .memory shortcut point to Memory.powerCreeps[name] and I'll receive errors saying "powercreep.memory is undefined." This is not every tick and when it happens it does not affect every power creep.

• Culture

I added a check to set .memory if it wasn't set and I get this interesting error as a result:

Power Creep Processing error Could not set other player's creep memory Error: Could not set other player's creep memory
    at Object.set (:40507:23)
    at Object.processPowerCreeps (main:12431:18) <-- only part of this that is my code
    at Object.module.exports.loop (main:12935:8) <-- only part of this that is my code
    at __module (__mainLoop:1:52)
    at __mainLoop:2:3
    at Object.exports.evalCode (:15990:76)
    at Object.exports.run (:30481:24)
    at global._init.global._start (:29710:22)

• AYCE

Can confirm this error, was just sitting and debugging a similar case.

I'm extending prototypes, and this gives a similar error of memory is undefined at infrequent intervals:

PowerCreep.prototype.getHomeroom = function (): string {
        return this.memory.homeroom;
    }

• Dev Team

So Memory.powerCreeps[name] exists, but Game.powerCreeps[name].memory is undefined?

• AYCE

@artch

I'll try to setup some tests to check that, tell me if there's anything else you would like me to try to capture about the tick or environment.

I saw it maybe two-three times in total last night, without any obvious system.

• Culture

It appears that if another player's power creep is "visible" to your game instance, it's being added to Game.powerCreeps. The sporadic nature is coming from my observers passively scanning the map...

I don't think other's power creeps should be in my Game.powerCreeps list.

• agreed. that isnt consistent with the pre-existing API...

• Dev Team

Nice catch! Thanks, fixed.

• AYCE

That explains it, I'm not checking if I'm the owner when I run foreach on all PCs in Game.powerCreeps.