Installing Screeps 3.2.0 on Win10

• Install/build of screeps fails at the isolated-vm stage:

Per the directions on the screeps github page:

I have latest node.js LTS (v10.14.2) installed. I have Python 2.7 installed. (Node set to use Python 2.7, so no error msgs for any of that) I have MS Build 2017 installed, and it is being used:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe

I made sure I updated node-gyp just in case.

I don't see any other prerequisites, and the log seems to indicate the issue is with compiling isolated-vm@1.7.5

command line log on paste.bin

(highlighted parts of the paste.bin are the inline error messages)

I'd expect that there is something too old or too new on my system, but I don't know what it could be.

• First of all, please set a title.
    And then what is exactly your bug/problem?

• Uhm have you tried npm config set msvs_version 2017
    else remove Visual Studio again and use npm install -g windows-build-tools <- as elevated user this should configure anything automatically...

• Yes, I had used npm config set msvs_version 2017

The log says that it is using the new installation of 2017.

However, I used npm install --global --production windows-build-tools to install

• Dev Team

We didn't migrate the server onto nodejs v10 yet. I personally failed to launch it at v10, currently downgrading to v8. isolated-vm@1.7.5 definitely have issues, known workaround here is to install 1.7.3 prior to installing screeps.

• @o4kapuk

Thank you for the reply.

• FYI, I got the screeps v3.2.0 installed and running with Nodejs 8.14 (under nvm for windows, in case I want to do other things in latest nodejs), and isolated-vm@1.7.3.

(*note, installed isolated-vm v1.7.3 separately prior to installing screeps. Per @o4kapuk, install 1.7.3, not latest, 1.7.5)

• Dev Team

@jaycephus for 8.x 1.7.5 is fine too

• @o4kapuk Good to know. I'll try it out on my other system.