Community Manager/PR/Any kind of news

• Good example of a lack of interaction being the 11s tick times shard1 has been experiencing for a few hours right now. A simple "We're aware of the issue and we're working to fix it" goes a long way.

• @artch said in Community Manager/PR/Any kind of news:

I suggest checking ScreepsWorld.com web site if you'd like to have Screeps-related reading. Interesting materials from there are announced in Slack and Twitter quite often.

Screepworld hasn't had an article in 2 months. And relying on a third party to discuss your game is perhaps not the best strategy.

• YP

@shibdib like "We're having some issues on the servers. Our technical staff is already notified." ? ... look at status.screeps.com

• @w4rl0ck said in Community Manager/PR/Any kind of news:

@shibdib like "We're having some issues on the servers. Our technical staff is already notified." ? ... look at status.screeps.com

You mean the warning that has been there for weeks?

• Dev Team

@shibdib Do you really want us to spam to all media every time an issue occurs? This is why status pages exist. Yes, this message is often displayed constantly, since there is an ongoing status of something minor, but it means what it says - that we are notified on every status change and will work on it asap. It's not just a dummy message, sometimes I get calls from the notification system in the middle of night.

• As part of the community that has seen ideas contributed, I do think the devs actively engage on the forums. They are definitely more closely intertwined with the community than previously. Their slack presence is pretty much zero besides dissi and 04k occasionally.

However I have still been disappointed with the pace of gameplay, the tick lengths made me cancel my sub.

• Dev Team

@davaned said in Community Manager/PR/Any kind of news:

Their slack presence is pretty much zero besides dissi and 04k occasionally.

Dissi and o4kapuk are the community managers though (i.e. dev team representatives). So it can't be zero, right? Do you have any matters/questions/issues that have been left unanswered/unmanaged in Slack?

However I have still been disappointed with the pace of gameplay, the tick lengths made me cancel my sub.

If 3s tick rate on shard2 is not suitable for you, then I'm afraid the public server is not for you, since we don't have plans to make it faster than 2.5-3s, people need time to debug in real-time. I believe your only options here are to either play on any community server or wait for Screeps Arena.

• @artch I said dev presence on slack. The players who became community reps didn't leave slack when they joined. Yeah, I think I suffer from a difference of expectations with what screeps gameplay should be in terms of tick times. I host the #botarena bimonthly with 2-5 ticks a second, so 2-5 seconds per tick isn't very engaging.

I am excited for the arena, and huge kudos for making it available to all. I think that will unlock a lot of potential for more tournaments and events, and for people to dabble in the game.

• The dev recommended news source (that hadn't had a screeps article in months) is currently full of spam articles that link to sketchy sites.

A+ PR

• Dev Team

@shibdib We're not affiliated with ScreepsWorld.com, please contact their administrators regarding this issue.

If you want to provide any help with writing Screeps World Review, feel free to contact @o4kapuk in Slack, he's currently gathering materials and player feedback for the next review.