Bucket is not recovering as it should

• Dev Team

Also, Xsolla technical staff promised to come up with a 3-days grace period solution on their side, so I believe these issues should be less harmful in the future.

👍

• @artch

I got a response too:

Hello, we truly apologize for inconvenience. Unfortunately, your subscription has been cancelled due to the technical issue, which occurred on our side. Now the problem has been resolved, and we can activate your subscription for a discounted price. Please let us know if you want us to do it. Sorry for this situation.

A coupon for 20 more subscription days would make me reconsider to activate that failed payment (sub for 180 days (recurring)) 😉

• Dev Team

@tedivm If you have an active subscription, you need to order the same subscription and thus manually renew it using the discounted price. The order page UI has been changed to indicate this.

If you want to cancel your subscription without refund in order to switch to another plan, please contact us.

• Forgot to mention earlier that I didn't get the compensation I kindly asked for the extra trouble (and losses in screeps world). Sorry for posting, but I really missed screeps today :'/

I'll keep my old code wasting your CPU, because I like you so much 😉

• Dev Team

@hattu I can see that your coupon for 10 days has been used on 2017-12-02 and although I admire your persistence in getting more than that, we consider this incident closed.

👍

• @artch I had to respawn, because running low CPU for several days ruined my screeps world. I didn't get to the point I was before your 'bug' in those 10 free days. I asked only for 20 days more. Was that too much!

I also used some of my time to resolve this issue. You thought I was trying to cheat and I had to take 'zillion' screenshots just to make you believe me. Your motto must be: "guilty until proven innocent".

And the most important thing (how to treat customers): When something goes wrong, apologize!! I didn't hear a single one 'sorry for your trouble' from you. Xollas customer service was perfect 😉 . You should grow some feelings and improve your math skills (20 days free time < (1 year subscription+happy customer))

• @hattu god damn it, stop whining this gets annoying.
    Shit happens to all of us, so grow up and deal with it.

Besides your script should be robust enough to cope with those situations.

Oh and if you want to play then play and stop bitching about stuff that is in the past.
    If you wouldn't be interested you would just leave without any drama...

• @mrfaul ok, Tell me how to run 15+ rooms with 20+ remote harvesing rooms with 10 CPU. And I'm not whining, just trying to tell how it felt from my side.

• Dev Team

@hattu It was Xsolla's fault, not ours. Xsolla already apologized, as you said. We decided to give you 10 days just as a friendly gesture from our side too.

Also, blackmail rarely helps to achieve something. Today you want 20 days in order to prolong your subscription for 1 year, tomorrow you will want something else. We're not going to start trading like this. If you want to get something, pushing never helps. I understand how you feel, but your attitude makes it impossible for us to help you on this matter.

• @hattu

I had to respawn, because running low CPU for several days ruined my screeps world. I didn't get to the point I was before your 'bug' in those 10 free days. I asked only for 20 days more. Was that too much!

Yes, that is too much. Respawning is not that big of a deal, considering your code is the one thing that matters and that persists. In fact, consider this an opportunity where you can write updates that don't have to be backwards compatible.

Tell me how to run 15+ rooms with 20+ remote harvesing rooms with 10 CPU.

I think he doesn't mean you should be able to do that, but instead that your code should be prepared to scale down by using fewer remotes and giving up on poor rooms if you run out of cpu.

And I'm not whining, just trying to tell how it felt from my side.

Honestly, if you already got a 10 day coupon you got more than I would've considered necessary. I don't see why you have to repeat "your side" or how the new posts after a year since the incident add anything new. So yes, I think you are.

• @artch: If I'm using Openssl and it has a bug and makes my program to act incorrecly: I would still definetly apologize my customers. It's my decision to use that 'component'.

@keenathar: Ok, you're right. My code just wast prepared for that kind of totally unexpected scenario.

Sorry for everything. I hope someone understands....

• @artch

Today you want 20 days

No, today I don't want anything. I DID want that "20 days" a year ago. But not today anymore. Case closed as you said..

• @hattu said in Bucket is not recovering as it should:

@artch: If I'm using Openssl and it has a bug and makes my program to act incorrecly: I would still definetly apologize my customers. It's my decision to use that 'component'.
    Sorry for everything. I hope someone understands....

You can't compare a paid service with a open source lib, yes the latter could be your fault so a apology would be appropriate.
    If the paid service is compromised somehow you have absolutely no fault, also you weren't the only person with issues.

And yes something like that is really annoying so I get it, but your attitude for such mishap is way off.
    You dragged your problem out into the public, and that is always a dumb idea if you want any sort of compensation.

• @mrfaul

also you weren't the only person with issues.

But I was the only one who got treated like a abuser. @artch enabled trebettes's subscription in few hours. For me it took 2 days, just because someone didn't believe in my word (or didn't have some kind of grace period for these kind of situations). And that is the reason I'm pissed off. It took too long to get my CPU back. And that is definetly something artch could have done better. Or at least apologize for treating me like a criminal.

You dragged your problem out into the public, and that is always a dumb idea if you want any sort of compensation.

I don't care about the compensation anymore. I just want to make clear what was the "real issue" here (from my point of view).

@artch

It was Xsolla's fault, not ours

Part of it is your fault 🙂 ^

• @hattu dude read your stuff, you were almost immediately on a hostile tone.
    As a person watching this from afar it looks like something went wrong and you thought it entitled you to gain great benefit from it.

If you don't want to be treated like a "criminal" maybe you should learn a respective tone first...

Your "real issue" is completely home brewed. A direct result of your behavior.

👍

• @mrfaul I'm still not hostile, just really disappointed.

it looks like something went wrong and you thought it entitled you to gain great benefit from it.

Ok, show me the calculations how much I should have been asked. I had several rooms and pretty good market income. I lost the whole economy and my rooms were conquered by my enemies. I thought 30 free days wasn't too much to ask for losing the results of several months grinding.

I think I have every right to be mad. And I have every right to ask anything, it's just up to 'you' what I'm getting 😉 I've been in this kind of situation few times and I've been treated better than this time. I try to be reasonable and I understand that being upset might emphasize my acts. Sometimes the best way to stfu a customer is to say: "sorry", even if the fault is somewhere else - I've seen this work in my RL work.

Peace and love ❤ I don't hate any of you I just hate how this thing got 'resolved'...

• @hattu Even if you had no intention of being hostile, it sure sounded like it.
    I suffer from this my self a lot, since my neutral voice sounds like I'm "permanently pissed" even if it is not the case.
    This is a real problem if you have responsibilities and people don't know that. More then once they were to frightened to inform me about problems...

I strongly recommend to read your conversation again with a view point as a bystander. Maybe you'll figure it out than.
    And we should end this conversation now, it is OK to feel frustrated if you truly believe that it was "unfair/insufficient" but from what I can tell it was fairly generous compensation at leas IMO.

• @mrfaul I know one reason which might explain my reaction showing up more hostile than it was supposed to be -> I'm from Finland. We are extremely straight generally. I should put a filter on when entering content to a multicultural environment. And I should maybe use another filter when typing angry 😉

If you see any Finns around, don't blame them because of me. They might be more sophisticated than me and less irritating 🙂

So long, and thanks for all the fish ...

• 😅 Well yeah that's true your folks is rather straight forward...
    But in a somewhat refreshing kind of way, but since it isn't conveyed in text so just be careful in the future.
    I rather deal with your kind than the France culture, from a German view point they never shut up...
    They expect to be interrupted that is part of how they communicate, interrupting in German is viewed very rude.

So if you have a french date interrupt her/him a few times otherwise it her/he could interpret it as "not interested" 😉