Creep energy costs

• Hi all,

I have a question regarding the energy costs of creeps. I understand the costs of basic parts but when extension come in I'm a little bit confused.

With parts will be used by extension, the first specified or last?

For instance:

[TOUGH, TOUGH, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, CARRY, CARRY, MOVE, MOVE, THOUGH]

The though parts will be excluded from extension use and therefore cost 20 each from my spawn. Which of the other parts will be subtracted from my spawn and which parts will use the full 200 energy in my extensions?

Kind regards,

Qzar

• Any non-THOUGH part above 5 will use 200 energy that sits inside a random extension with enough energy.

So 12 parts of which 3 are THOUGH, brings the total parts to 9. 5 don't need extensions, so there are 4 left which need an extension. If there are no 4 extensions or if 4 extensions are not filled with enough energy, spawning will fail.

The costs of all parts together are subtracted from spawn and are not related to the cost of the extensions.

See http://support.screeps.com/hc/en-us/articles/203022092-Spawning-Creeps

At least thats what I know.

• Ok so if I understand you correctly energy for each part will be subtracted from your spawn and additionally an amount of extensions will be emptied?

• Yeah, that's how I understand the concept.

• AzarSTB, yes, that's how it works.

• Dev Team

This has been changed today. See more info in this post.