Notes on the Market and suggestions for improvement

• "It'd be more productive if you commented on the proposed ideas rather than repeatedly argued about your own."

I could not have said it better myself.

• > 1 - Math.exp(-range / 30)

This is a good proposal for softening the cost of global trade. It does not make really cheap regional trade markets and it doesn't encourage players to daisy-chain transfers to do distributed trade.

• Culture

I'm also super happy with the new formula. I feel like it would solve a ton of problems.

• +1 new formula - I think it addresses the primary concerns people have. The evolution of the market following the introduction of this new formula should be carefully monitored.

+1 regional markets

-1 XyzzyPrime for being unreasonable 😛

• CoPS

I quite like the proposed equation. ~0,5 cost @ 25 range is a really sweet point to me,

As a random thought, what effect would making different tiers of boost / resource have different transfer costs be? Atm the t1 boosts, do not see much trading at all, even for new players. If they were to have lower transfer fees, or a wider transfer range, than t3 boosts, it may make them more palatable?

On the whole I really like the idea of regional markets, provided that each region has equal maturity (a regional market of only new players would sort of suck).